Recognition of prior learning is a process that credits your existing skills and experience toward a nationally recognised certificate or diploma.
Do you possess the skills but do not have a formal qualification to prove it? Before you go about completing a diploma course, consider getting an assessment for recognition of prior learning or RPL.
What is RPL?
Recognition of prior learning is a process that credits your existing skills and experience toward a nationally recognised certificate or diploma. The assessment takes into account the skills you learned in your previous studies, employment and volunteer work.
Why consider RPL?
- Increase your self-confidence
- Validate learning gained through your work & life experience
- Assist with career development & education planning
- Reduce the normal time taken for formal training
- Identify any program areas you have that require further study
How long will it take?
Typically 3 – 5 sesssions with a Trainer in your store, plus some collation of evidence & collecting Reference letters.
Who is eligible?
- Full time, part time, or casual staff
- Strong hospitality work history (ie. >3 years) – consider staff who are already Supervisors, Assistant Managers, Managers or leaders within your store
- Funding may be available for eligible candidates
- Ask your Redmako Learning BDM, Trainer or Learning Account Manager for an Expression of Interest (EOI) form (or download the EOI form here)
- Complete & submit the EOI form to Redmako Learning
- Redmako Learning will confirm your eligibility for any available funding
- Once eligibility is confirmed, Redmako Learning’s training team will make contact to book the first session at your store, with you towards completing your RPL
Recognition of prior learning is a brilliant opportunity to turn the skills and experience you have gained over the years into a formal qualification, which you can then use to achieve better career outcomes. Take this chance and get started now.