Do you possess the skills, but do not have a formal qualification to prove it? Before you go about completing full training & assessment within a course, consider getting an assessment for recognition of prior learning or RPL.
What is RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning is a process that credits your existing skills and experience toward a nationally recognised certificate or diploma. The assessment takes into account the skills you’ve learnt in your previous studies, employment and volunteer work.
Why consider RPL?
- Validate learning gained through your work & life experience
- Assist with career development & education planning
- Reduce the normal time taken for formal training
- Identify any program areas you have that require further study
- Increase your self-confidence
How long will it take?
This may be subject to what qualification you are seeking & what percentage of a course you may be eligible to RPL, however a full qualification could typically take 3 – 5 sessions with a Trainer, plus some collation of evidence & collecting Reference letters.
Who is eligible for RPL?
- Strong work history (ie. >3 years full time) in the industry you’re hoping to attain a qualification
- Higher order qualifications (ie. Cert IV & Diplomas) will likely require Supervisory or Management experience
- Job seekers or those employed full time, part time, or casual could be eligible because RPL is all about your experience ie. your career to-date. Your Resume will be a key part of evidence your Trainer will use to assess your experience.
- Not to be confused with RPL eligibility, there’s also eligibility criteria for you to potentially attract Government Funding to potentially cover all or part of your Student Fees. Eligibility criteria varies between qualifications & States, hence contact Redmako Learning today to discuss your specific eligibility for Funding
- Contact Redmako Learning to discuss your eligibility for both RPL & potential Government Funding
- Ask your Redmako Learning BDM, Trainer or Learning Account Manager for an Expression of Interest (EOI) form (or download the EOI form here)
- Complete & submit the EOI form to Redmako Learning
- Redmako Learning will confirm your eligibility for any available funding
- Once eligibility is confirmed, Redmako Learning’s training team will make contact to book the first session with you towards completing your RPL
Recognition of prior learning is a brilliant opportunity to turn the skills and experience you have gained over the years into a formal qualification, which you can then use to achieve better career outcomes. Take this chance and get started now!